A Kill Assist is awarded when a player deals a reasonable amount of damage to an enemy who is then killed by a teammate. Kill Assists generally award 25 points, however, if the player did more than 85% damage to the enemy, then they are awarded the kill, and the person who technically killed them gets an assist.
- A friendly player named Assister is damaging an enemy named Enemy.
- The player, named Killer, then damages Enemy to the point that they are killed.
- Killer is awarded a kill.
- Assister is awarded a Kill Assist for damaging Enemy, but not more than 85%.
- Killer + Assister (Assister's Weapon) Enemy is displayed on the killfeed, showing that Killer did the damage that killed Enemy, and that Assister helped damage them.